2015 LACUS Conference Details
The 2015 annual meeting of the Linguistic Association of Canada and the United States, the 42nd LACUS Forum, will be held Tuesday, August 4 to Friday, August 7, 2015, at Molloy College in Rockville Centre, New York, USA.
The conference theme is Language and Society.
LACUS invites abstracts representing a broad range of approaches to language, including interdisciplinary topics and innovative ideas. Abstracts can be written in either English or French. Abstracts on all topics in linguistics, even those unrelated to the conference themes, are welcome. The following list of topics is intended as suggestive rather than comprehensive or restrictive:
- Cognitive and neurolinguistic approaches to language
- Computational and corpus approaches to language
- Language in the media
- Forensic and clinical linguistics
- Multilingualism and genre
- Teaching second and foreign languages
- Stratificational modeling of language
- Systemic-functional approaches to language
- Issues in graphology, phonology, grammar, lexis, discourse, modality, ontology, diachronic linguistics, geolinguistics, sociolinguistics, etc.
Under certain conditions, LACUS permits authors who cannot travel to the conference to present via a real-time ('live') video connection. (LACUS membership and conference registration required).