LACUS 2017 Accommodations & Transportation
On Campus Accommodations
On Campus Accommodations can be booked via McMaster Short Stay Booking. Information, Rates, Campus Map, and Reservations can be managed through their web page:
- Les Prince only changes towels every 3 days
- Les Prince residence on campus is the best value because it has private ensuite washrooms, air conditioning, and the rate is only $71 for singles.
Off Campus Accommodations
Information regarding Off Campus Accommodations is available via the Tourism Hamilton web page:
- Visitor’s Inn is closest to campus. Rates: weekday, $109; weekend, $129
- Admiral Inn is about 10-15 minutes away
Information regarding getting to McMaster can be found on the Welcome to Mac web page:
- If you are not a citizen of the US or Canada or a permanent resident of Canada, you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization. Click HERE for more information.
- Michael Kliffer's Recommendation: Take the GO Bus from Pearson Airport direct to the Hamilton GO Centre downtown. It runs typically every hour and costs only about $11 each way, 50% off for seniors. They can then UBER/Taxi to McMaster or take HSR (City bus) 1A from the GO Centre to McMaster. 1A runs every 12 minutes most of the day.
Click here for a Google Maps close-up of the campus. Les Prince is shown in grey, due north of Ron Joyce Stadium. Here is a map of campus, and the official McMaster University Pre-Arrival Guide:
Getting from campus residences to LACUS sessions
To get from Mary E. Keyes to Togo Salmon Hall (TSH):
- From Eastern (E) entrance of Mary E. Keyes (#50), walk straight down Scholar's Road till you see Willy Dog McMaster – a bright yellow hot dog cart you can't miss!
- Cross University Avenue past the cart and enter the McMaster University Student Centre on the left (#51, MUSC)
- Follow the signs through MUSC towards TSH (#29). Note, 2nd Level is most easily accessible via elevator.
- From main entrance of Les Prince Hall (#53), turn left alongside the football field and follow Michell Cres. to Stearn Drive
- Cross the road and ascend the steps to the right of the 'Togo Salmon Hall' sign
- Enter TSH through the entrance on the right (TSH West Entrance)
- Stairs to all floors are just through the doors; elevators are further in the building after two lefts.